How To Create A Google My Business Account
Follow this step by step process to create your Google My Business Account
Google is the number one most visited website in the world with over 1 Trillion Google Searches conducted annually. Every business owner needs to utilize Google to market their business.
One strategy that can fast track a businesses exposure on Google is by creating a Google My Business (GMB) Account. A GMB account registers your business in Google's Business directory.
This directory allows your business to show up on Google Maps, when searchers search for businesses that do what you do, and when customers search directly for you online.
This 2 Step Instruction Document is very simple and outlines the exact steps you need to set your GMB up for success. Once completed you will be able to connect your Online Ordering Platform and Web Based Menu to your GMB increasing exposure and traffic to these pages.
1. Go To Google.com/Business
- Go to Google.com/Business
A google account (Gmail account or G-Suite email address) is required to create a Google My Business.
- Click Manage Now
- Sign into your Gmail or Google Account
- Search for your Business. If you are creating a new account, click "Add your business to Google"
- Move onto the Next Step
2. Build Business Profile
- Add Business Name
- Add Business Category - Restaurant. You May also add cusine (ie. Mexican Restaurant, Greek Restaurant etc.)
If you are a food truck, select Mobile Caterer unless you have a permanent location, you may select Restaurant.
- Hit Next
- Add In Location - Type your Address
If you selected mobile caterer, and do not want to add you can select no and choose a service territory.
- Select Delivery Option
If you deliver, add in service area.
- Add in Website and Phone Number
If you have a Web Based Menu with The Foody Gram, add in your TFG Link or forwarded domain name.
- Choose A Way To Verify Your Business
Your business needs to be verified before Google will display your business. We recommend verifying your business via post card. You may send your postcard to your personal address.
- Add Your Services
- Add Your Business Hours
- Choose to Allow Messages or Not
- Add Your Businesses Description
- Add Photos of Your Business
- You're All Set!